Nótaí NCC 05/05/14
Na Sinsir (Seniors)
Our next game is against Down's Liatroim Fontenoys in Clochóg on Sat May 24 at 4pm. Keep an eye on the club twitter, facebook and www.naomhcolumcille.com
Text +44 7821 756372 to be included in club text msg list.
The U16s reactivated themselves and travelled to Omagh and Carrickmore for league games. They defeated An Ómaigh 8-8 to 0-6 and lost to An Charraig Mhór 2-13 to 3-2. They meet Cappagh this Mon (5 May) in the last league games and Carrickmore in the Championship this Thurs (8 May). Both games are at Clochóg. Throw-in 7pm. Support would be appreciated.
Tour The Lough Update
Entries for the 100 & 40mile NCC Lough Neagh cycle challenge (Sun 1 June 2014) via paypal on club website www.naomhcolumcille.com
Please contact Paul 07747301263 for all details.
Final Cycling advice from 'The Master':
If you are still following this programme or similar, and have developed from someone who struggled to cycle 10 mile into someone who has completed an 80 mile trip, then you need no more 'training' advise from me .
Instead I will just give you some tips on how to approach the main event itself.
1. For 7 days or so before the big event don't do any very long distance cycles. A couple of easy 25 - 35 mile runs is plenty. Allow your body to recover from all the hard cycling.
2. Get your bicycle checked over, making sure tyres, brakes, chain and gears are in good order.
3. Prepare all your clothes, equipment, food stuffs etc the night before.
4. Rise early on the morning of the event and take a good breakfast - but don't overdo it.
5. Arrive at the sign-on in good time and allow yourself to enjoy the atmosphere.
6. Try to link up with others who you think will be cycling at your pace.
7. Before setting off and again at each of the rest points make sure you have a full water bottle and an empty bladder.
8. Remember it's not a race; cycle at a pace you can maintain.
9. Obey the rules of the road : 'safety first'.
10. Enjoy the whole event.
Now I'd like to wish NCC and everyone who takes part in their 100 miles challenge all the best and every success. The Master.
Iomáint faoi aois | Underage
The U8s along with a few u6s took part in the Tyrone Blitz at Garvaghy on Sat 3 May. Between the hurling, the playpark and the treat, they had a good mornings outing.
Coaching this week
Mon - U14 (Paul 07747301263)
Tues - U6 & U8 ( Damian 07889432690)
Thurs - U10 & U12 (Paul 07747301263
Bring boots and runners. Session could be in Hall or field depending on weather. Times are 6.30 to 7.30pm. Cost £1. Bring water. Fáilte roimh toisitheoirí. Beginners welcome.
Cairde Cholum Cille
The Colum Cille friendship scheme is up and running. If you are interested in joining the scheme Contact Damian on 07889432690.
Table Quiz 3 was postponed last Fri due to half the reliables away to a wedding. Its on again this Fri 9 May @9pm in the clubrooms. If your after a good nights craic, come along, bring a friend and help the club kitty.
Soláthar agus Deisiú na gCamán (sulaher ugus jeshoo na gamon)
Hurley Supply & Hurley Repairs
To buy a camán or require one mended, see Paul (07747301263)
Siopa an chumainn (shopa an commin) (club shop):
There are a range of club gear and hurling equipment in the club shop fir sale. Contact Aidy on 07843 237515.
Dúirt siad: (durch shade) (they said:)
"Are we nearly there yet?" - 4 mile into the bus journey to the blitz, the U8s, one after the other, ask the same question.
Seanfhocal don tSeachtain (shanucal dun tchaktin) Weekly saying:
Is buaine cliú ná saol (iss boo-in-ye klee-ooh na sale) Reputation outlives life.
CLG NCC sends its deepest sympathies to the Campbell (Drumhubbert) and Dynes (Annaghmore) families on the passing of Michelle,and
to the Ó Neill family (Forgie), Annagher and Annaghmore on the passing of their mother Mary Iris. Solas Mhic Dé ar a n-anamacha dílis